IDEAS at Daresbury
Innovation, Design, Entrepreneurship and Science
IDEAS at Daresbury has been developed to support high-tech SMEs through a series of practical, interactive workshops, seminars and one-to-one surgeries to allow new ideas to be put into practice.
A collaboration between the three leading Business/Management Schools in the North West of England (Lancaster, Liverpool and Manchester) and Lancaster's design research and innovation centre, ImaginationLancaster, IDEAS has the ability to help develop skills and expertise, offer businesses access to real time research and encourage strategic relationships with companies to form longer-term networks.
The programme is free of charge and takes place at Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus located between Manchester and Liverpool.
"IDEAS is a wonderful example of knowledge exchange in action. We want to see a culture that enables, celebrates and rewards talent and innovation. IDEAS shows how this can be done"
-Iain Gray, CEO Technology Strategy Board
High-tech SMEs who believe they would benefit from working with similar companies should also meet the following criteria:
- Be an established SME located in the North West
- Have less than 250 employees and less than £34m annual turnover
- Be an independent enterprise
- Not have received more than €500,000 of public funding in any three-year period
Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus
Lancaster University Management School is proud to announce it has a strategic link to Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus.
Daresbury Science & Innovation Campus is world class location in the UK for high-tech business and leading edge science. It provides a unique environment for innovation and business growth, with knowledge sharing, collaboration and networking.
Its stakeholders are the NWDA, STFC, Halton Borough Council and the Universities of Lancaster, Liverpool, and Manchester.
It is one of only two national science and innovation campuses.
• Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus will be internationally-recognised for world-class science, innovation and enterprise
• Successful collaborations will help to deliver world-class science, and stimulate prosperous knowledge-based businesses and high skills jobs