Practical Business Benefits of Action Learning
Tuesday 25 September 2012, 09:30
Lancaster University Management School
This is an exciting opportunity to experience Action Learning first-hand, or to renew your old Action Learning skills, hopefully to learn something new and finally to take away some valuable food for thought and reflection.
The day will be practical, interactive and is ideal for business owner-managers and managers in all organisations.
Format of the day:
- An introduction (via internet link) by Dr Yury Boshyk, international consultant and proponent of ‘business driven Action Learning’
- Screenings of two films of Reg Revans, the founder of Action Learning
- An opportunity to experience an Action Learning Set, facilitated by experts
- Presentations/discussion on using AL in businesses and community organisations to spearhead change
- Workshops on measuring the impact of AL and on AL skills for business leaders.
Practical Business Benefits:
Taking part in an Action Learning Set means joining a small group of people with similar roles, probably in different industries that face very similar issues and challenges in running their businesses. The Set provides essential ‘thinking and development space’ where you can discuss business issues in
a completely confidential and safe setting. Many managers are members of Sets and find their regular meetings extremely valuable.
This event is presented by Lancaster University Management School, the International Foundation for Action Learning and Knowledgelink and will include a special tribute to Jean Lawrence, former IFAL Chair, for her valuable lifetime contribution to Action Learning.
To Register for a free place on this event or if you have any questions, please contact: Jen Melling on 01524 510769 or email@example.com.