Professor Mike Chiasson
Management ScienceThe Management School
Other affiliations: HighWire Doctoral Training Centre, Centre for the Study of Technology & Organisation
The development, implementation, and outcomes of information systems -- particularly health care IT (particularly patient records systems) and enterprise systems. The theories employed in such work include actor–network theory, Habermas, pragmatism, deconstruction, and language-discourse philosophies of various kinds. The research methods have included interpretive case studies, action research, experimental and quasi-experimental methods, and social critique
- Understanding the causes of informal and formal discretion in the delivery of enterprise policies: a multiple case study
Vega, A., Chiasson, M. & Brown, D. 2013 In: Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy. 31, 1, p. 102-118. 17 p.
- Improvement of the public support to SMEs: policy and research implications
Vega, A., Brown, D. & Chiasson, M. 8/11/2012
- The improvement of the public assistance to SME innovation: the role of governments, universities and industry
Vega, A., Chiasson, M. & Brown, D. 8/08/2012
- Style composition in action research publication
Mathiassen, L., Chiasson, M. & Germonprez, M. 06/2012 In: MIS Quarterly. 36, 2, p. 347-363. 17 p.
- Considerable discretion in the implementation of enterprise policy: the influence of policy contexts
Vega, A., Brown, D. & Chiasson, M. 11/04/2012