Professor Richard Eglese
Head of Department, Professor
Management ScienceThe Management School
PhD supervisionDisruption Management in Vehicle Routing
Green Logistics, Vehicle Routing and Scheduling Problems
Heuristic methods and integer programming for combinatorial optimisation problems, particularly with application to vehicle routing & scheduling and other logistics issues.
MA Lancaster, MA Cambridge
President of the Operational Research Society 2010-2011
Past President of the Operational Research Society 2012
MSCI 222 Optimisation
MSCI 103 Introduction to Management Science/ Operational Research
MSCI 252 Project Management and Consultancy Skills
MSCI 100 110 Introductory Statistics and Computing for Management
MSCI 506 Problem Solving & Consultancy Skills
Member of Management School Faculty Committee for Chairs Readerships and Directorships 2007 -
- Disrupted Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem with Order Release Delay
Mu, Q. & Eglese, R W. 08/2013 Springer, (Annals of Operations Research), 16 p.
- The time-dependent prize-collecting arc routing problem
Black, D., Eglese, R. & Wøhlk, S. 02/2013 In: Computers and Operations Research. 40, 2, p. 526-535. 10 p.
- Investigating the use of metaheuristics for solving single vehicle routing problems with time-varying traversal costs
Harwood, K., Mumford, C . & Eglese, R. 2013 In: Journal of the Operational Research Society. 64, p. 34-47. 14 p.
- Optimizing the routeing of vehicles
Eglese, R. & Black, D. 2012 In: Green logistics . McKinnon, A., Browne, M. & Whiteing, A. (eds.). London : Kogan Page p. 223-235. 13 p.
- Disruption management of the vehicle routing problem with vehicle breakdown
Mu, Q., Fu, Z., Lysgaard, J. & Eglese, R W. 2011 In: Journal of the Operational Research Society. 62, 4, p. 742-749. 8 p.