MBA Career Advancement Programme
The Career Advancement Programme (CAP) is a key feature of The Lancaster MBA. It runs throughout the year with regular presentations, practical sessions and individual careers consultations for all students. The learning from CAP sessions may be used as evidence in a portfolio of aims and achievement that students will build at key review points during their time on the programme and as alumni.
The CAP runs as a thread throughout the MBA and draws on the learning and experiences from many other parts of the programme, particularly the Mindful Manager and guest speaker series. In addition to reaping your own benefits, the success of the programme is enhanced by information and experience that each student offers for the benefit of the other participants.
The benefits of CAP
Though some students will return to their previous employers, most Full-time MBA students will be seeking new employment following the programme. It will be your responsibility to find yourself a job, and to boost your prospects we will be adding to the CAP with suggestions, connections and networking opportunities to help you to achieve this vital goal.
The CAP is as relevant to both students exploring new opportunities and those returning to a previous employer after they graduate. The benefits are to:
- Improve your prospects with your new or current employer
- Enhance insights into the career decions of the people you will manage
- Provide the grounding to become excellent career mentors yourselves, developing sought-after soft skills that are relevant up to the most senior levels.
The key components of the CAP
- Classroom sessions (including guest speakers) on CVs, selection processes, UK work permit issues, sector skills and current information.
- Practical sessions for skills development
- One-to-one career discussions with an adviser
- Networking: including events with employers, alumni and contacts through the Carnet Alliance