Oivind Tjelta talks about how Lancaster helped him achieve his career in investment banking
Oivind Tjelta, originally from Norwary, graduated with two degrees at Lancaster: a BSc in Management in 2000, and an MSc in Finance in 2001. After graduation, Oivind joined Barclays Capital in London.
He currently works for Investec in London where his work has included financial modelling, pricing and trading various financial products, such as mortgages, bonds and home loan portfolios.
In this interview, Oivind discusses how his MSc in Finance gave the theoretical and practical skills so necessary for his subsequent career in finance and investment banking.
- Media: The KPMG business game on Lancaster's MSc in Finance
- Media: Assessment centre training for Lancaster's Accounting and Finance students
- Media: Steph Peever on studying at Lancaster
- Media: CFA Training Opportunities at Lancaster
- Media: John Worth of Barclay's describes his Lancaster experience
- Media: Suchitra Nair works in corporate finance and consulting for Deloitte
- Media: Accounting and Finance at Lancaster - What's Involved?
- Media: Studying Accounting and Finance at Lancaster