Dr Allan Discua Cruz
Institute for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise DevelopmentThe Management School
Other affiliations: Centre for Family Business, Latin America Research Cluster
Lecturer and Researcher, Centre for Family Business
Study Abroad advisor, Placements Advisor, Equal Opportunities/Disabilities representative, Internal research seminars coordinator
Entrepreneurship and Family Business modules at the undergraduate and graduate level
BscEng (UNITEC, Honduras), MBA (UNH, USA), MMM (McGill, Canada), PgD (Vaxjo Sweden/UAB Spain), PhD (Lancaster, UK)
Portfolio entrepreneurship, family business groups, Opportunity stages, entrepreneurial teams, families in business.
- Habitual and Portfolio Entrepreneurship and the Family in Business
Rosa, P., Howorth, C. & Discua Cruz, A. 30/06/2013 In: The Sage Handbook of Family Business. Sharma, P., Nordqvist, M. & Melin, L. (eds.). London : Sage Publications
- Christian family businesses: opportunities for further research
Discua Cruz, A. 2013 In: Journal of Biblical Integration in Business. 16, 3
- Intrafamily Entrepreneurship: The Formation and Membership of Family Entrepreneurial Teams.
Discua Cruz, A., Howorth, C. & Hamilton, E. 01/2013 In: Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice. 37, 1, p. 17-46. 30 p.
- How does an old firm learn new tricks? a material account of entrepreneurial opportunity
Roscoe, P., Discua Cruz, A. & Howorth, C. 2013 In: Business History. 55, 1, p. 53-72. 20 p.
- Understanding entrepreneurial cultures in family businesses: A study of family entrepreneurial teams in Honduras
Discua Cruz, A., Hamilton, E. & Jack, S. 09/2012 In: Journal of Family Business Strategy. 3, 3, p. 147–161. 15 p.