Professor Colin Green
EconomicsThe Management School
My current research areas include performance related pay and worker wellbeing/wages, worker absenteeism and labour supply decisions, education and risk, and flexible employment contracts.
Econ 327 Human Resource Economics
Education, Labour and Personnel Economics.
B.Econ (Newcastle), Hons, PhD (Qld)
Colin Green joined the Economics Department in July 2007 where he is Professor. His research interests cover labour, education, personnel and healht. He has published research in areas such as performance related pay, flexible work contracts, worker absenteeism behaviour and the education of indigenous Australians. He is currently associate editor of Education Economics and organises the annual International Workshop on Applied Economics of Education. He also is the director of the MSc in economics at Lancaster University.
More information at www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/greencp
Associate Editor: Education Economics
Office Hours15:00-16:00 Tuesdays
- Performance pay and ethnic wage differentials in Britain
Green, C., Heywood, J. & Theodoropolous, N. expected in 2014 In: Oxford Economic Papers.
- Does raising the school leaving age reduce teacher effort?: Evidence from a Policy Experiment
Green, C. & Navarro Paniagua, M. 10/2012 In: Economic Inquiry. 50, 4, p. 1018-1030. 13 p.
- Piece rates and workplace injury: does survey evidence support Adam Smith?
Bender, K., Green, C. & Heywood, J. 01/2012 In: Journal of Population Economics. 25, 2, p. 569-590. 22 p.
- Profit sharing, separation and training
Green, C. & Heywood, J. 12/2011 In: British Journal of Industrial Relations. 49, 4, p. 623-642. 20 p.
- Flexible contracts and subjective well-being
Green, C. & Heywood, J. 07/2011 In: Economic Inquiry. 49, 3, p. 716-729. 14 p.
- Profit sharing and the quality of relations with the boss
Green, C. & Heywood, J S. 10/2010 In: Labour Economics. 17, 5, p. 859-867. 9 p.
- Flexible workers in inferior jobs: re-appraising the evidence
Green, C., Kler, P. & Leeves, G. 09/2010 In: British Journal of Industrial Relations. 48, 3, p. 605-629. 25 p.
- Immigrant overeducation : evidence from recent arrivals to Australia.
Green, C., Kler, P. & Leeves, G. 08/2007 In: Economics of Education Review. 26, 4, p. 420-432. 13 p.
- The magnitude of educational disadvantage of indigenous minority groups in Australia
Bradley, S., Draca, M., Green, C. & Leeves, G. 2007 In: Journal of Population Economics. 20, 3, p. 547-569. 23 p.