Dr Colin Green
EconomicsThe Management School
My current research areas include performance related pay and worker wellbeing/wages, worker absenteeism and labour supply decisions, education and risk, and flexible employment contracts.
Econ 327 Human Resource Economics
Education, Labour and Personnel Economics.
B.Econ (Newcastle), Hons, PhD (Qld)
Colin Green joined the Economics Department in July 2007. He holds a research lectureship in education economics funded by the Bowland Trust. He has published a number of papers covering areas such as flexible employment contracts, job satisfaction, performance related pay, educational performance of indigenous minority groups and the impact of group norms on workers' absence behaviour.
Personal website - www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/greencp
Associate Editor: Education Economics
Office Hours15:00-16:00 Tuesdays
- Does raising the school leaving age reduce teacher effort?: Evidence from a Policy Experiment
Green, C. & Navarro Paniagua, M. 10/2012 In: Economic Inquiry. 50, 4, p. 1018-1030. 13 p.
- Piece rates and workplace injury: does survey evidence support Adam Smith?
Bender, K., Green, C. & Heywood, J. 01/2012 In: Journal of Population Economics. 25, 2, p. 569-590. 22 p.
- Profit sharing, separation and training
Green, C. & Heywood, J. 12/2011 In: British Journal of Industrial Relations. 49, 4, p. 623-642. 20 p.
- Flexible contracts and subjective well-being
Green, C. & Heywood, J S. 07/2011 In: Economic Inquiry. 49, 3, p. 716-729. 14 p.
- Profit sharing and the quality of relations with the boss
Green, C. & Heywood, J S. 10/2010 In: Labour Economics. 17, 5, p. 859-867. 9 p.
- Flexible workers in inferior jobs: re-appraising the evidence
Green, C., Kler, P. & Leeves, G. 09/2010 In: British Journal of Industrial Relations. 48, 3, p. 605-629. 25 p.
- Immigrant overeducation : evidence from recent arrivals to Australia.
Green, C., Kler, P. & Leeves, G. 08/2007 In: Economics of Education Review. 26, 4, p. 420-432. 13 p.
- The magnitude of educational disadvantage of indigenous minority groups in Australia
Bradley, S., Draca, M., Green, C. & Leeves, G. 2007 In: Journal of Population Economics. 20, 3, p. 547-569. 23 p.