Professor Ken Peasnell
Director, Distinguished Professor
Accounting and FinanceThe Management School
Other affiliations: International Centre for Research in Accounting, The Work Foundation
Understanding the financial crisis and fixing the financial system. Usefulness of accounting data for equity valuation. The prudential control of financial institutions. Issues in financial reporting and financial statement analysis. Development of accounting thought.
Market reaction to asset impairments by US banks. Asset reclassifications by European banks. Impact and usefulness of IFRS. Analysts' earnings forecasts and stock recommendations. Pension accounting. Measurement of financial performance. The conceptual framework for financial reporting.
Lancaster University committees: Professorial Pay Review Panel; Chairs and Readerships Committee
Accounting PhD Seminar.
Professorial Research Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. Member, Accounting Standards Board's Academic Advisory Panel.
DipBS, Sheffield, MSc, London, PhD, Lancaster, FCA
- Do investors understand really dirty surplus?
Landsman, W R., Miller, B L ., Peasnell, K V. & Yeh, S. 2011 In: The Accounting Review. 86, 1, p. 237-258. 22 p.
- Credit where it's due: How to revive bank lending to British Small and Medium Sized Entreprises
Hutton, W. & Peasnell, K. 11/2011 London : The Work Foundation. 19 p.
- Have changes in pension accounting changed pension provision?: a review of the evidence
Kiosse, P. & Peasnell, K V. 2009 In: Accounting and Business Research. 39, 3, p. 255-267. 13 p.
- Are asset securitizations sales or loans?
Landsman, W R., Peasnell, K V. & Shakespeare, C. 2008 In: The Accounting Review. 83, 5, p. 1251-1272. 22 p.
- Which approach to accounting for employee stock options best reflects market pricing?
Landsman, W R., Peasnell, K V., Pope, P F. & Yeh, S. 2006 In: Review of Accounting Studies. 11, 2-3, p. 203-245. 43 p.
- Residual income valuation: are inflation adjustments necessary?
O'Hanlon, J F. & Peasnell, K V. 2004 In: Review of Accounting Studies. 9, 4, p. 375-398. 24 p.
- Residual income and value creation: the missing link
O'Hanlon, J F. & Peasnell, K V. 2002 In: Review of Accounting Studies. 7, 2/3, p. 229-245. 17 p.