Professor Linda Hendry
Management ScienceThe Management School
Supply chain management and modelling, including global sourcing; supplier development; sustainability and ethical issues in this context. Developing workload control systems for make-to-order manufacturing companies offering high levels of product customisation. Investigating the application of Six Sigma quality improvement programmes in manufacturing and service industries.
PhD supervisionWorkload control
Associate Dean (Undergraduate Studies), LUMS
EUROMA (European Operations Management Association) Board Member, 2011-2014
- Review of the use of OM theory in the context of sustainable, socially responsible sourcing;
- Development of workload control software and appropriate strategies for implementation in practice;
- Strategic sourcing in the aerospace industy;
- Understanding the impact of Six Sigma on organisational learning in the Insurance industry;
- Supplier development strategies and practices.
Undergraduate MSCI 102: Operations Management.
Postgraduate Supervision of PhD students.
Post-Experience Supervision of dissertaions for The Manufacturing Institute: MSc in Manufacturing Leadership
Other Teaching Competence Operations Management at all levels of UG and PG teaching; Supply Chain Management; Quantitative techniques for decision makingat UG and PG level; Post experience: Manufacturing Insitute module convenor - Module 4, World Class Manufacturing, for MSc Manufacturing Leadership.
BSc, PhD Lancaster
- Workload control: Successful implementation taking a contingency-based view of production planning & control
Hendry, L., Huang, Y. & Stevenson, M. 2013 In: International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 33, 1, p. 69-103. 35 p.
- Enterprise resource planning systems: An assessment of applicability to make-to-order companies
Aslan, B., Stevenson, M. & Hendry, L. 09/2012 In: Computers in Industry. 63, 7, p. 692-705. 14 p.
- Sustainable Sourcing: a Plethora of Theories?
Hendry, L., Zorzini, M. & Stevenson, M. 2012 In: Proceedings of the P&OM World Conference, 2012 Amsterdam.
- Customer enquiry management in global supply chains: a comparative multi-case study analysis
Zorzini, M., Stevenson, M. & Hendry, L. 04/2012 In: European Management Journal. 30, 2, p. 121-140. 20 p.
- Supply chain uncertainty: a review and theoretical foundation for future research
Simangunsong, E S., Hendry, L. & Stevenson, M. 2012 In: International Journal of Production Research. 50, 16, p. 4493-4523. 30 p.