Dr Marta Zorzini
Management ScienceThe Management School
PhD supervisionOffshoring and backshoring in manufacturing and service contexts; socially responsible practices in supply chains.
My main research interests are in the following areas:
- Global supply chain management; offshoring & backshoring decisions; internationalization processes.
- Sustainable supply chain management; socially responsible practices in supply chains.
- Operations management in customized contexts; product customization.
PhD applications are welcomed in all of the above areas.
MSCI 231: Introduction to Operations Management
MSCI 575: Strategic Sourcing
MSCI 572: Global Sourcing (with SAP)
MSCI 576: Global Sourcing (with Services)
Contributing to: MSCI 281 - Supply Chain Management; MSCI 382 - Innovative Developments in Operations Management
PhD Supervision: Mohammad Najjar; Fahian Huq
PhD (Politecnico di Milano), MSc in Industrial & Systems Engineering (Politecnico di Milano)
'Implementing Social Sustainability Practices in Developing Country Suppliers' (with Mark Stevenson), The British Academy, Small Research Grant Scheme (2012)
'Exploring the Nature of Backshoring Decisions', LUMS Pump Priming Research Grant Scheme (2011)
- Sustainable Sourcing: a Plethora of Theories?
Hendry, L., Zorzini, M. & Stevenson, M. 2012 In: Proceedings of the P&OM World Conference, 2012 Amsterdam.
- Customer enquiry management in global supply chains: a comparative multi-case study analysis
Zorzini, M., Stevenson, M. & Hendry, L. 04/2012 In: European Management Journal. 30, 2, p. 121-140. 20 p.
- Green supply chain practices and company performance: the case of 3PLs in Italy
Perotti, S., Zorzini, M., Cagno, E. & Micheli, G J. 2012 In: International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 42, 7, p. 640-672. 33 p.
- A Contingency-Based Approach to
Internationalization: A Multi-Case Study Analysis in
Zorzini, M., Stevenson, M. & Hendry, L. 2011 Lancaster University : The Department of Management Science, (Management Science Working Paper Series)