Dr Qiyu Zhang
Accounting and FinanceThe Management School
Research interests include: International Financal Market Integration, Financial Market Efficiency, Empirical Reserach in Capital Structure and Corporate Governance.
1. Corporate governance and price timeliness
This research (with Dr. Wendy Beekes and Prof. Philip Brown) examines the link between corporate governance and the informativeness of firm disclosures in 25 OECD countries.
2. Financial integration and price timeliness
This research (with Dr. Wendy Beekes and Prof. Philip Brown) examines the impact of country-level financial integration on price discovery process. Our tests are based on a large panel of public firms from 25 emerging economies during the period 1996-2009.
- Corporate governance and the informativeness of disclosures in Australia: A re-examination
Beekes, W., Brown, P. & Zhang, Q. 31/08/2012 Lancaster : Lancaster University, 36 p.
- The relationship between disclosure, information timeliness and corporate governance: A cross country study
Beekes, W., Brown, P., Zhan, W. & Zhang, Q. 31/08/2012 Lancaster : Lancaster University, 48 p.
- The effects of corporate governance on information disclosure, timeliness and market participants’ expectations.
Beekes, W., Brown, P., Chin, G. & Zhang, Q. 2/08/2012 , 47 p.
- Financial integration and emerging markets capital structure
Lucey, B. & Zhang, Q. 05/2011 In: Journal of Banking and Finance. 35, 5, p. 1228-1238. 11 p.
- Does cultural distance matter in international stock market comovement? Evidence from emerging economies around the world
Lucey, B. & Zhang, Q. 03/2010 In: Emerging Markets Review. 11, 1, p. 62-78. 17 p.