BSc (Hons) in Marketing and Design
UCAS code: NW52
The BSc (Hons) in Marketing and Design is one of the undergraduate degree programmes offered in the Marketing Department.
This degree combines the study of marketing and design and is aimed at developing creative managers for the future. The degree focuses upon the latest issues and challenges in both marketing and design and provides clear understanding of the role of these complementary disciplines in modern society.
Traditionally Lancaster students have only studied design at a postgraduate level. This degree makes the study of design available to undergraduate students for the first time and represents a powerful unique set of learning for creative marketing managers.
Will this Marketing degree help me achieve my goal?
Are you looking for an education that prepares you for:
- a business career in marketing management and design?
- a strong theoretical and practical grounding in the marketing and design disciplines?
- knowledge of a multitude of dynamic industry contexts exploring global business growth strategies?
- interaction with key business activities central to business growth such as innovative design in products, processes, and novel business paradigms?
- essential business skills including research, analytic, reporting, team working and presentation skills?
- independent thinking while remaining a strong team player?
- creative thinking and problem solving?
- entering the work place after graduation with confidence?
If these sound like your goals then the BSc (Hons) in Marketing and Design could be the right course for you.
What’s special about the BSc (Hons) in Marketing and Design?
Lancaster University offers several Marketing degrees but the BSc (Hons) in Marketing and Design is specifically designed to help you become an effective marketing manager with the language and knowledge to communicate, commission and command effective design solutions relating to all aspects of marketing. By focusing on both business and consumer needs this specialist degree offers dual perspectives for the theory and practice of marketing management.
The Department of Marketing and ImaginationLancaster (part of LICA - the Lancaster Institute for the Contemporary Arts) have collaborated to offer you an innovative degree programme for creative managers. The study of Marketing and Design means you’ll combine the skills to enable you to identify and shape markets, with your understanding of contemporary design techniques and issues. Your knowledge of both disciplines should equip you to develop creative and unique ways to solve a multitude of challenges that face growing businesses.
There is a Blueprint scholarship of £1200 available to the top achieving student in the final year of this degree. For the first two years of this new programme the scholarship will be awarded to the student with the highest mark for the first year.
- A-levels: AAB General Studies: Accepted as one of 3 A-levels
- Preference: Three A-levels
- Key skills: Not included in offer
- GCSE: Maths and English Language grade B
- Scottish Highers: ABBBB
- International Baccalaureate: 35 overall with 16 points from the best three HL courses
- IELTS: 6.5
- BTEC: DDD/DDM
- Mature students: applications welcome; recent experience of formal assessed study is required
All candidates offered places are invited to an open day.
Admissions Tutor: Dr. Ronika Chakrabarti (e-mail: email@example.com)
Undergraduate Coordinator, Marketing: Bev Moss (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Undergraduate Coordinator, LICA: Linda Persson (e-mail: email@example.com)
In the first year you will take three subjects. First, introductory marketing; second introductory design and the third subject is a free choice – you may choose from any subject offered in the University.
Core subjects include marketing research, design thinking, marketing simulation, consumer behaviour, marketing in the supply chain, design management.
Core subjects include strategic marketing, design research consultancy project, brand strategy, design and innovation, plus other optional subjects in marketing and advertising or a related discipline.
The assessment offers an equal weighting overall between coursework and examinations.
- MKTG 101 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG 206 Marketing Simulation
- MKTG 210 Marketing Research
- MKTG 225 Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG 229 Marketing in the Supply Chain
- MKTG 232 Advertising
- MKTG 233 Digital Marketing
- MKTG 301 Strategic Marketing
- MKTG 312 Marketing Dissertation
- MKTG 315 Marketing Innovation
- MKTG 316 Advanced Topics in Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG 317 Brand Strategy
- MKTG 322 Marketing of Services
- MKTG 327 Management of Marketing
- MKTG 329 Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKTG 332 Marketing Extended Essay
- MKTG 334 Integrated Communications