BSc (Hons) in Marketing with Psychology
UCAS code: N5C8
BSc (Hons) in Marketing is one of our undergraduate degree programmes offered in the Marketing Department.
The BSc (Hons) in Marketing with Psychology is designed to enable you to become an effective marketing manager in a consumer focused organisation. Incorporating a broad approach to consumer markets, marketing and marketing management, this course also offers the opportunity to develop a specialist knowledge of consumers and consumption – how people behave when making purchasing decisions, how people are influenced in these decisions and how consumption affects the way people view themselves as individuals. You will be supported in the development of knowledge and skills that can empower you to create effective marketing practices that make and shape the dynamic consumer markets.
Will this Marketing Degree help me achieve my goal?
Are you looking for an education that prepares you for:
- a business career in marketing management, specialising in consumer products?
- a strong theoretical and practical grounding in the marketing and psychology disciplines?
- knowledge of a multitude of dynamic industry contexts exploring global business growth strategies?
- essential business skills including research, analytic, reporting, team working and presentation skills?
- independent thinking while remaining a strong team player?
- entering the work place after graduation with confidence?
If these sound like your goals then the BSc (Hons) in Marketing with Psychology could be the right course for you.
What’s Special about the BSc (Hons) in Marketing with Psychology?
Lancaster University offers several Marketing degrees but the BSc (Hons) in Marketing with Psychology is specifically designed to help you become an effective marketing manager in consumer focused organisations such as Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, Loreal and Johnson & Johnson. Such organisations centre on developing and delivering products for consumers. Products might include beauty products, fashion or food. The study of Marketing with Psychology means you’ll develop the skills to enable you to understand and explore, both the techniques for identifying and shaping markets and the skills to examine the way consumers minds’ work – gaining insights into how we think and behave as human beings. By focusing on both business and consumer needs this specialist degree offers a dual perspective of theory and practice for marketing management.
- A-levels: AAB General Studies: Accepted as one of 3 A-levels
- Preference: Three A-levels
- Key skills: Not included in offer
- GCSE: Maths and English Language grade B
- Scottish Highers: ABBBB
- International Baccalaureate: 35 overall with 16 points from the best three HL courses
- IELTS: 6.5
- BTEC: DDD/DDM
- Mature students: applications welcome; recent experience of formal assessed study is required
All candidates offered places are invited to an open day.
Admissions Tutor: Dr. Jim Freund (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
|1st Year||Introduction to Marketing||Introduction to Psychology||Free choice|
|2nd Year||Marketing Research||Marketing in the Supply Chain||Cognitive Psychology||Personality and Individual Differences|
|Consumer Behaviour||Social Psychology||A Marketing module of your choice|
|3rd Year||Strategic Marketing||Advanced Topics in Consumer Behaviour||Advanced Cognitive Psychology||A Marketing or Psychology module of your choice|
|A Psychology module of your choice||Advanced Social Psychology||A Marketing or Psychology module of your choice|
In the first year you will take three subjects. First, introductory marketing; second introduction to psychology and the third subject is a free choice – you may choose from any subject offered in the University.
Core subjects include marketing research, consumer behaviour, marketing in the supply chain, cognitive psychoogy, social psychology, personality and individual differences, plus another optional subject in marketing and advertising or psychology.
Core subjects include strategic marketing, advanced topics in consumer behaviour, advanced cognitive psychoogy, advanced social psychology, plus other optional subjects in marketing and advertising or psychology.
The assessment offers an equal weighting overall between coursework and examinations.
- MKTG 101 Introduction to Marketing
- MKTG 210 Marketing Research
- MKTG 225 Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG 229 Marketing in the Supply Chain
- MKTG 232 Advertising
- MKTG 233 Digital Marketing
- MKTG 301 Strategic Marketing
- MKTG 312 Marketing Dissertation
- MKTG 315 Marketing Innovation
- MKTG 316 Advanced Topics in Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG 317 Brand Strategy
- MKTG 322 Marketing of Services
- MKTG 327 Management of Marketing
- MKTG 329 Organisational Marketing
- MKTG 332 Marketing Extended Essay
- MKTG 334 Integrated Communications