Why study at LUMS?
The simple answer is that you will be studying at one of the top schools, with an impressive international reputation that we have built over the decades:
- One of Europe's leading schools for research and staff expertise – as our rankings show
- Rated excellent for the quality of teaching
- Consistently in the Times Top 10
- Rated very highly in the National Student Satisfaction Survey each year
What do our students like?
According to the survey, our courses
- Are intellectually stimulating and taught with great enthusiasm
- Help them to tackle unfamiliar problems
- Encourage the development of presentation skills
- Greatly improve essential teamwork and communication skills
- Are extremely well-run, with highly effective communication and staff who are easy to contact
What employers like about LUMS graduates is that they have sharp, critical minds, together with the essential personal skills that single them out as leaders for the future.
That comes from the way that you are taught to think for yourself – not to accept the status quo but to question, to carry out your own research and draw your own conclusions. And because our staff are not only leading research into graduate employability but also working very closely with employers on innovative degree schemes to fit their needs, our programmes offer you the chance to develop the kind of business acumen and skills that will help accelerate your career.
Your time at university offers so many possibilities – but few other leading business schools enable you pack as much into your studies as you can at Lancaster: a flexible degree structure that enables you to tailor what you study to your own interests, plus the opportunity to put what you are learning into action with a salaried placement year or to widen your grasp of other cultures and business issues by studying abroad at another top business school. Some of our programmes offer you the chance to do both. And even if you choose to stay at LUMS throughout your degree, you’ll be learning and socialising in the midst of a vibrant international community.
Our resources for teaching and learning are second to none – and because our staff believe in translating their own cutting-edge research into what’s covered in the classroom, you’ll be getting the latest in both theory and practice.
What’s perhaps most difficult to capture is the friendly supportive environment you’ll find here at Lancaster – a deep-rooted commitment to making all our students feel at home, and giving them scope to perform to their very best.
But don’t take our word for it. Take a look for yourself at what our students say – they are the ones who really know.